Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions MonieBet site
1. These general Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions" or "T&C") shall apply for all betting games offered by Incentive Games Limited (“MonieBet”) a duly registered company under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, with company registration number RC 1813842.
2. “MonieBet” shall offer betting services through various channels not limited to POS, SMS, and USSD hereon referred to as ‘the service".
3. By using the service, you are bound by the following terms and conditions: This agreement establishes the Terms and Conditions that will govern the contractual relationship between the Company and you as a Registering /Participating Player with the company. The Terms shall apply to gaming via all media/electronic platforms including but not limited to mobile devices, computers and laptops. You are required to accept these Terms and Conditions when registering for an account with the Company and you are bound by these Terms and Conditions throughout the existence of the relationship. The company reserves the right to decline your registration/ participation without being bound to provide any reasons whatsoever at any time.
4. These Terms and Conditions are categorized for ease of reference and understanding. It is important that you make yourself aware of these Terms and Conditions as a participating player. Reference to "you", "your", the "player", "customers", or "subscriber" is reference to any person using the Company gaming/betting platform or the services and/or any registered customer of the Company thereof. Reference to "the Company", "us", "Our" "we" is reference to Incentive Games Limited, MonieBet and or its successors in title and assigns.
5. The Company reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notice. The Company will endeavor to inform you about major modifications to the Terms and Conditions. Nevertheless, it is your responsibility to regularly check for any changes. Should you, due to any possible changes, not wish to continue using the services of the Company, you can withdraw uncommitted funds without penalty and close the account by sending an email to: to that effect. A response will be sent to you within 48 hours confirming receipt of your decision to discontinue your engagement with the Company. Failures by you to receive a message for any reason whatsoever shall not be taken to mean that the Company has any continued obligation towards you from the date of your withdrawal.
7. The Company will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless such disclosure:(a) is required for the processing of your requests;(b) is a duty and/or legal obligation of the company;(c) is required to enforce/ apply the Terms and Conditions and other agreements;(d) is required to adequately protect our rights or property, including via the exchange of information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of information verification, fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference agency, which may keep a record of the information.
8. The contractual relationship between you and the Company is governed by these Terms and Conditions and by the relevant and applicable Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Nigeria being the operational jurisdiction of the Company and its service/products where they will be offered directly to all its duly registered players and /or through its service providers and intermediaries.
9. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and where you play any game, or place a bet or stake, using the provided betting platforms, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and any amendment or variation thereto and the Rules which apply to the applicable products available from time to time. You are acknowledging that the company shall retain the right to use from time to time, all data collected to carry out market survey/ campaign /research, send customer satisfaction questionnaires, market and promote its services and those of its affiliated companies.
10. The Company is not responsible for any consequences resulting from major incidents such as any strike, terrorist activities, political crisis, war, natural catastrophe and saturation of the telecommunication networks, cyber-attacks, hacking etc., which could lead to a total or partial access reduction to its services, loss of data by itself or by other contracted independent service providers on whom the Company will wholly or partially be reliant on to deliver the services.
Account Opening & Registration
1. To apply for an account, you must be of legal age (18 years) and register personally. You must provide your age in the provided fields and confirm the same in the registration field. The Company reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and suspend their account until satisfactory documentation is provided. The name of the player MUST be the same as the name used when registering with the company and must correspond with the registered mobile number. Where this is not the case, the relevant account will be suspended. Where an account is suspended, the relevant customer should Contact Us. All bets/stakes that are placed prior to an account being suspended will stand-win or lose. Should any underage account owner be discovered at any point during the lifetime of the account, the account will immediately be closed indefinitely, and all funds deposited to the account will be forfeited. In any such suspected circumstance, the Company will report the activity to the appropriate authority and the player may suffer the consequences thereto. You agree to provide all such information as we require in connection with such verification checks. We shall be entitled to suspend or restrict your account in any manner that we may deem in our absolute discretion to be appropriate, until such time as the relevant checks are completed to our satisfaction.
2. You agree to abide by these "Terms and Conditions" at all times, and:(a) not to be acting in the interests of any third party;(b) not to utilize money obtained from ill-gotten means;(c) not to credit accounts with bank/credit card/s you are not authorized to use;(d) not to try to hack the Company Mobile service, Website and all other media/electronic platforms, or to alter its code in any way in an attempt to cheat, override or manipulate the system or in any way commit fraud or any other crime;(e) not to adopt any criminal behavior against the Company, its affiliates, its customers or any third party;(f) not to mislead the Company by intentionally providing false information which may be in the form of but not limited to invalid account details, forged documentation, concealing one's identity, untruthful behavior or hiding one's true location and/or age.
3. In the event that you breach one or more of the Account rules as mentioned in 2(a) and 2 (b) the Company reserves the right to close your account and seize any available funds. In any such suspected circumstance, the Company will report the activity to the appropriate authority and the player may suffer the consequences thereto. Contractual obligations will be honored unless there is any breach of any of the terms and conditions on your part or breach of any international law and laws of Nigeria. The specific games/products shall be guided by these rules & guidelines herein and all other Rules & guidelines that shall be issued from time to time by the Company. The products, guidelines and Rules shall remain at all times the property of the Company.
4. At all times during the subsistence of your subscription/ participation, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are not infringing on any laws in your jurisdiction when opening an account and conducting business with the Company.
5. You must submit the correct information during your registration. You agree to update this information should there be any changes to your registration data.
6. The Company will accept no liability from third parties whatsoever, resulting from your providing incorrect or false data.
7. Each customer must open only one account. Should we identify any customer with more than one account, we reserve the right to close these accounts.
8. If the Company detects multiple accounts which have been setup deliberately with misleading information, have displayed criminal behavior, or if the Company concludes that the account-owner has fraudulent intentions, the Company shall be entitled to close the accounts and confiscate all funds, including the initial deposit. In any such suspected circumstance, the Company will report the activity to the appropriate authority and the player may suffer the consequences thereto. If you nominate another person as an authorized user of your account, you shall be responsible for all transactions such a person makes using the relevant account details. Should you lose your account details or feel that someone else may have your account details, please contact us immediately. The Company will however not be responsible for any loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of transaction made by that other person. Please note that personal registration details and any other sensitive data should never be shared with third parties or sent to us by any unencrypted form.
9. The Company manages players' accounts and calculates available funds, pending funds, betting funds, any applicable tax, as well as the amount of the winnings. Unless proven otherwise, these amounts are considered as final and are not subject to challenge.
10. All account transactions are performed in Nigerian Naira only. No interest is paid on any funds, irrespective of the amount held in your account or any delay in remitting funds in your account for any reason.
11. The Company is not a financial institution and shall not be used as an intermediary to transfer funds, used or unused with or without ill intentions as well as using the Company as a currency exchange bureau. Should you conduct account activities for these purposes, the Company reserves the right to close your account and/or seize any available funds available in the account. Contractual obligations will be honored unless there is a breach of any of the terms and conditions. No credit will be offered by the Company or from any employee of the Company, and all bets must be supported by sufficient funds in the customer's account. The Company reserves the right to void any bet/stake which may have inadvertently been accepted when the account did not have sufficient funds. Should funds be credited to a customer's account in error, it is the customer's responsibility to inform the Company without delay. The Company will recover such funds by account adjustment.
12. The Company does not tolerate abusive, aggressive or obscene language/ behavior towards representatives of the Company across any of our support platforms (chat, email, telephone, outlets). Should you decide to communicate with us in this manner, you will be denied access to any and all of our support platforms and any such acts will be reported to the relevant authority for action.
13. You must keep your login ID and password secret at all times. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your login information is kept secure. Should you suspect that your login information is no longer secure you are required to immediately contact the company as well as change your security details immediately. If at any time your account is accessed and used by a third-party without your prior consent, the Company is not liable for any consequences that may occur.
14. Your Username must be your registered telephone (mobile) number.
15. Selling and/or transferring and/or, acquiring of accounts to/from other players, are prohibited. Any such action will lead to closure of the account and forfeiture of the funds in such account. The company may in its sole discretion reopen an account if there is sufficient proof to the satisfaction of the company that a transfer was done in error.
16. A dormant account is an account that has not been accessed for 3 months, that has a legal registration with or without money balance. Once your account becomes dormant, the Company, shall in its sole discretion, close your account and thereafter either refund the balance to you or where applicable deal with it in the manner provided for in law less any cost accruing thereon.
17. The Company reserves the right to terminate the relationship between the Company and any of its players at any time which decision is purely at its discretion. The Company also reserves the right to close or suspend your account at any time and for any reason. Without limiting the provisions of the preceding sentence, the company shall be entitled to close or suspend your account if:
(a) You become bankrupt;
(b) The Company considers that you have used the services/products/platforms in a fraudulent manner or for illegal and/or unlawful or improper purposes;
(c) The Company considers that you have used the services/products/platforms in an unfair manner or have deliberately cheated or taken unfair advantage of the Company or any of its customers;
(d) The Company is requested to do so by the police, any regulatory authority or court; or
(e) The Company considers that any of the events referred to in (a) to (c) above may have occurred or are likely to occur.
18. If the Company closes or suspends your account for any of the reasons above, you shall be liable for any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred or suffered by the Company (together "Claims") arising there from and shall indemnify and hold the Company harmless on demand for such Claims. The Company shall also be entitled to withhold and/or retain any and all amounts which would otherwise have been paid or payable to you (including any winnings or bonus payments).In addition, the Company shall be entitled to withhold and/or retain any and all amounts earned or received by you as a result of or in connection with your "unauthorized" use of the services/products/platforms including activities which are not for an authorized purpose.
19. Where it is proved that these Terms and Conditions have not been breached, any funds available in the account will be returned to the player should the relationship be terminated by the Company. At all times, any funds deposited by a subscriber/player, do not accrue any interest and as such any refunds made shall not incorporate any interest calculations.
20. The Company prohibits and takes measures to prohibit use of devices, such as robots, computers that distort normal and fair game play. Should the use of such electronic added devices be discovered, the Company will disqualify such player(s), close all such accounts and confiscate all funds and earnings due to such accounts. In any such suspected circumstance, the Company will report the activity to the appropriate authority and the player may suffer the consequences thereto.
21. You will be liable for any taxes levied pursuant to the legislation prevailing at the material time or as may be assessed by the tax authorities. These taxes will be paid out or withheld at source (as the case may be) in accordance with the provisions of law.
22. You have a maximum number of 5 failed login attempts after which you cannot try logging in with the same account until 15 minutes elapses.
Deposits, transfers and withdrawals
1. For all deposits, the Number of the depositor must be identical to the mobile phone number registered on the Company account receiving the funds i.e. the registered account. You should only deposit money in your account for the purposes of you using such money to place bets/stakes on our platforms. We shall be entitled to suspend or close your account if we consider or have reason to believe that you are depositing money without any intention to place bets/stakes. You may only bet/stake if you have sufficient funds in your account.
2. Bonus funds may be credited to your account as part of a promotion, loyalty or other marketing campaign. These funds cannot be directly withdrawn/paid-out but must be used for placing bets.
3. You have the possibility to increase the credit balance of your account with any of the payment methods made available by the Company. You shall not use the payment methods that belong to any third party. Any deposits that are subject to the bonus promotion offer will be regulated by the bonus promotion rules and may not be available for withdrawal. You can withdraw the available credit balance of the Account using the same payment method provided upon registration, or any other payment method adopted subsequently by you once the full and appropriate verification has been completed.
4. Withdrawals can only be remitted only, to the same account from which funds paid into the player’s account originated subject to the payment providers’ restrictions. No withdrawal will be authorized if it appears to be linked with transactions predominantly-performed with the purpose of allowing the transfer of money from one payment method to the other.
5. In order to perform any transaction, the Company may undertake any such verification checks as may be required by the Company or by third parties (including, but not limited to, regulatory bodies) to confirm the legal ownership and the origin of the money implicated, the identity of the applicant and to comply with the relevant Anti Money Laundering Provisions. The Company may suspend the availability of any withdrawal method and/or the withdrawal function available in your account until the completion of the verification checks in relation to the validity of any of the documents you send and, in some limited circumstances, suspend any activity of your account it may deem necessary should it have reasonable grounds to suspect or establishes the prohibited or illicit activity.
6. For any money to be withdrawn, you will be requested to send us a copy of your valid ID (front/rear). Whenever a transaction is made through bank transfer, credit card or electronic wallet, the first withdrawal request will be processed only after a security check has been performed and/or in any other circumstances the Company may deem necessary (for example, large sum withdrawals). In such instances you may be required to supply any or all of the following documents together with the ID, in order to comply with the Company’s security policies: In case of credit card transactions, a copy of both sides of the card used to make the payment duly signed by the owner; (a) A copy of an official document (bank statement, debit card statement etc.) showing your billing address; (b) Any other document that may be relevant in order to complete the check. Full compliance with our requests will speed up the verification process.
8. Pay outs handled manually through an ordinary bank transfer are processed within 5 working days.
9. You agree not to attempt any charge-backs, reversals or otherwise cancel any deposit previously made in his/her Account. Whenever any such event should occur the Customer commits to refund the Company for the unpaid deposits and for expenses resulting from the recollection of the misplaced money.
10. The Account is a deposit holding facility, current or savings account or any other financial product shall not generate interest and the deposits are made into the Account for the purposes of genuine play. The Company is under no obligation whatsoever to repay money to you.
11. The Company reserves the right to limit or to refuse bets.
12. If the value of a deposit is not played through in full before a withdrawal is requested, the Company reserves the right to make a charge to the customer's account to cover all reasonable costs relating to both the deposit and withdrawal. If necessary, the value of the withdrawal requested may be reduced accordingly.
13. If we incur any charge-backs, reversals or other charges in respect of your account, we reserve the right to charge you for the relevant amounts incurred.
14. The Company may, at any time, set off any positive balance on your account against any amounts owed by you to the Company.
15. In the event that you access the services from jurisdictions outside Nigeria, you shall be responsible for reporting your winnings and losses to the tax and/or other authorities as per the existing regulations within in your jurisdiction.
16. Gaming/staking, gambling may be illegal in the jurisdiction in which you are located. Where you attempt to transact on our platform from jurisdictions where staking/gaming is illegal, you do so at your own risk and the Company will not bear any liability towards you.
17. In order to discourage Money Laundering, withdrawal requests for funds that were deposited without gameplay history will not be processed.
2. If you consider any amendment carried out to be intolerable, you may cease using the service.
Website Use and Its Components
1. Under no circumstances shall the Website be used for any purpose different from personal entertainment without our express consent. MonieBet is not liable for any attempts to use the services offered by means or ways not intended by us.
3. Any action aimed to interfere with the normal functioning of the website including, but not limited to, releasing or propagating viruses, worms or logic bombs or similar is prohibited and will be pursued to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. The repeated placement of the same bet may be considered as an attempt to elude our controls and may result in the voidance of the repeated bet(s) as well as in the closure of the game account, even after said bets have been settled.
5. MonieBet reserves the right to restrict access to certain parts of the Website and to certain services offered, including, but not limited to Live Betting, Live Chat and Internal Messaging system.
6. MonieBet may at any time and without previous notice, remove or amend any product offered via the Website, as well as alter available prices where such alterations do not affect bets already in progress.
7. Under some circumstances MonieBet may provide its Customers with software designed internally or by third parties in order to optimize the functioning of the Website or to benefit from additional services. In such circumstances the Customer may be asked to accept further Terms and Conditions related to the utilization of the new component. Any attempt to interfere with, modify or reverse engineer any software provided is prohibited.
8. MonieBet is not liable for any IT failures caused by the electronic equipment used by the Customer while accessing the Website or for faults due to the internet service provider used by the Customer while accessing the Website.
9. MonieBet also assumes no liability for correctness, completeness or up-to-date of the information services provided neither for the accuracy of live scores, statistics and intermediate results available in our website.
Promotions, Rewards & Bonuses
1. We may make available on the website the bonus offers, promotions or reward programs. You can find more information on the website, in your Account or our help pages.
2. Your eligibility for the offer or promotion and/or participation in the rewards program will be subject to the terms and conditions for the respective bonus offer, promotion or rewards program available on the website at all times.
3. MonieBet reserves the right to deny admission or to terminate admission to any of the bonuses, promotions and/or special offerings, as well as to modify, suspend or discontinue their validity at its sole discretion and without.
4. Only eligible tickets can see the cashout option
Suggestions & Complaints
1. If you wish to make a complaint or a suggestion regarding the Company, the Website or the services offered, as a first step you should contact our Customer Services or send us an email through email@example.com. As second step, the complaint shall be assigned to an advisor that will manage to provide you with the appropriate response through internal message or email by the Customer Service Advisor who will report the final decision to you.
2. All claims and suggestions should be forwarded to the Customer Service in written form via internal message, fax, mail or e-mail. No complaints with regard to the acceptance, settlement or resettlement of a bet will be heard by us if they are not raised through our Customer Services within 30 days from the event occurrence which the bet related to occurred.
3. Offensive or rude language, as well as malicious or damaging comments, will not be tolerated while contacting our staff or while discussing our products and services in any media, social network or forum. Any infringement of this policy will result in a suspension of the Account or in every additional action as may be required in order to ensure compliance.
Applicable Laws & Jurisdiction
1. Any bet placed by the Customer shall be governed by the applicable provisions of the Nigeria Criminal Code Act, CAP. 22 and any Regulations and Rules made in terms thereof, as amended from time to time. It shall be the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that he/she is aware of these provisions.
3. If the Customer places of a bet from a location falling outside Nigeria, such bet shall be subject to all appropriate exchange control regulations and the laws of the foreign jurisdiction from which such communication originates, and it shall be the responsibility of the Customer to ensure full compliance with same. MonieBet makes no warranties and shall not be liable to the Customer if it is not able to remit any monies held by it to any account held by the Customer in a foreign jurisdiction.
1. Some circumstances may arise where a bet is confirmed, or a payment is performed, by us in error. The following is a non-exhaustive list of such circumstances:
2. Whenever the prices/spreads/terms offered by MonieBet are significantly dissimilar from those available in the general market.
3. Whenever the prices/spreads/terms offered at the time the bet is placed are clearly wrong given the probability of the forecast occurring.
4. Whenever a bet has been erroneously accepted on a market which should have been suspended or removed.
5. Where a bet containing incompatible events is accidentally accepted, because of human or technical error.
6. Whenever a settlement error is made while computing or crediting the amount of winnings.
7. Any other situation that may be referred to as an error.
8. In all these cases MonieBet reserves the right to cancel all the bets accepted containing such an error, or to correct the mistake made re-settling all the bets at the correct prices/spreads/terms that should have been available at the time that the bet was placed in the absence of the error.
9. The Customer has an obligation to inform MonieBet as soon as possible of any amount wrongly credited on his/her account. MonieBet may at any time set off any positive balance resulting from the erroneous operation, as well as cancel bets or transactions made with the erroneously credited funds. MonieBet further has the right to suspend and/or close the Account who is found to have abused the error or malfunction and have any deposits and/or winnings forfeited. MonieBet reserves the right to correct any error made in relation to the bet and re-settle the same at the correct price or according to the individual game or sports rules or if it not practicable to correct and resettle, to declare the bet void and return the original stake to the account. MonieBet can deduct the overpaid amount from the balance available in the Account.
10. By accessing the any of the products and the Account, the Customer will not do anything to corrupt the website, attempt to gain unauthorized access to any account, knowingly or negligently use any features that may affect and/or alter the products’ functionality in any way and/or attempt to or remove or alter any content form website.
11. Neither we (including our employees or agents) nor our partners or suppliers are liable for any loss resulting from any error made. Bets placed in order to cover flawed bets will stand valid if not impaired by errors.
12. In the event that, due to technical problems, the printed version of a document or of a coupon differs from the web version, the latter shall prevail.
13. In the event of any dispute the Customer agrees that the records of our server shall act as the final authority in determining the outcome of any claim.
1. We believe in Responsible Gaming and take our responsibility in this matter seriously. Gambling should be an exciting pastime, and we urge our Customers to have fun, but not bet beyond their means. MonieBet is committed to endorsing responsible wagering among its Customers as well as promoting the awareness of problem gambling and improving prevention, intervention and treatment.
2. We undertake any effort in order to ensure your pleasant online gaming experience while playing in MonieBet, keeping full awareness of the financial harms associated with problem gambling. With regard to the purposes pointed out herewith, we do strongly suggest our Customers to try keeping clearly separate gambling from his/her daily activities; try establishing affordable deposit limits; try considering the lasting time of each gambling session before its commencing; not to understand gambling as an alternative source of income or a way to recoup debit.
3. At any time, the Customer may request to our Customer Service temporary or permanent self-exclusion from part or all of our services as well as the closure of his/her account. We will use all our reasonable endeavors to ensure compliance with self-exclusion; however, you accept that we are not liable if you manage to by-pass our security measures in circumstances which are beyond our reasonable control.
4. The Customer may as well request to our Customer Service to activate deposit limits on his/her account, or to modify the existing ones. MonieBet provides its users with the facilities to set their own limit on deposits on a daily, weekly or a monthly basis. We will use all our reasonable endeavors to ensure the effective enforcement of the deposit limits; however, you accept that we are not liable if you manage to bypass our security measures in circumstances that are beyond our reasonable control. Revocation of the previously self-imposed limit shall come into effect only after seven days after the Company has received the request for Revocation.
MonieBet shall have the right prior to accepting any bet, temporarily to suspend or permanently to terminate, the provision of betting services to a Customer without providing any reason.
These General Terms and Conditions are effective from 01/08/2022